Increase the effects:
- Living in an area that has a high risk of cyclones.
- No emergency plans or civil defence procedures.
- No warning signals and no knowledge about cyclone and how they can effect people.
- Bad contructions of buildings. Not cyclone proofed.
- No insurance
- badly developed infastructure
- not willing to create new methods of damage preventation.
Decrease the effects:
- Having a household emergency plan and survival kit.
- Drill on what to do in a cyclone and civil defence procedures.
- Using radars and satellites to track when a cyclone is most likely to occur. and send warnings so people can evacuate
- More reserch about cyclones.
- Creating cyclone proved buildings and inproving infastructure eg. roads.
- Disable people being able to use areas which are prone to cyclones.
- ot being near windows during cyclones. Putting up cyclones shutters
- Planting a range of crops that can survive cyclones
- Having insurance to make the financial loss smaller.