effects of a cyclone on the ecomomy
- Less income from exports and general economic turndown. Many of the South-west pacific island ecomomys are
based on cash crops eg. Coconut... Flooding and high winds can destroy all crops.
- Cost of creating a new infastructure.
- Not as many tourists ( short term effect)
- Businesses closed down and people unemployed.
- The development of a new, modern infrastructure and people are able to cope better in the future (possitive
effects of a cyclone on social activities
- loss of lives and death
- finacial trauma because of loss of homes and people become worried that another cyclone will come and do
- loss of food suplies can lead to malnutrition. water contamination could occur and peoples health may be
- a good thing is that people come together and work as a team and community spirit can be strengthened.